Hybrid Vehicle Main Components
High‐voltage (HV) battery pack *
– Armature and stator assembly that can function as a
high‐powermotor or a high power generator.
Power Control Module *
– High‐voltage electronic circuit that can change dc to ac
or ac to dc. It can also amplify or reduce voltage.
Hybrid Drive ECU *
– Electronic control unit that monitors driving conditions
to help control the operation of the power control
module, battery pack, and motor‐generator.
Power Cables *
– Large insulated conductors that electrically connect
Battery pack *
Power control module *
Motor‐generator assemblies *
Internal Combustion Engine *
– Gasoline or diesel engine that propels the vehicle at
highway speeds and spins the motor‐generator
armature to recharge the battery pack.
– A conventional fuel tank, fuel lines, and electronic fuel
injection system feed gasoline or another fuel to the
internal combustion engine.